Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Our Florida Vacation '09

Pat was able to be home on Friday after traveling out of town for work the previous Sunday thru Thursday. We had hoped to send the kids to coop babysitting and work on packing, etc. But, they both had fevers and were unable to go play with their friends.

Pat took them to run a couple errands while I did laundry and got my stuffed laid out to pack. During nap time I got to go get a pedicure! Then we had an early dinner and Pat laid down for a nap at 5:30 pm. The kids and I played and watched TV and stayed quiet until they laid down at 8:30 pm.

At 10:30 pm every one was awake and load into the car. As we pulled out of our driveway Gentry sent a text that they were on the ground at Dallas Love. The kids were awake and chatty on the way to pick Aunt Gentry and Aunt Al up. Once we were officially on the road all quieted down and all of us but Pat got some sleep here and there.

We arrived in Destin about 11:30 am after five stops (two unnecessary, but I could not remember where I put the thermometer and medicine as I could tell Hadley had a temp). We had some lunch and then checked into our condo.

After a little settling in we headed to check out the beach! That is why were where there right?

Here are the little ones checking out the sand. They did not really like it being on them or getting "dirty", but somehow Hadley did end up buried in the sand at least once. Must not have been Saturday, because I did not get a picture.

Who remembers?


Then it was up the swimming pools. Which is where we were as the rest of the Griswold's (as we call ourselves) started streaming in from the airport and grocery store trips.

I took 378 pictures and posted 190 of them on Facebook. So, there won't be many pictures on here as most of you have already seen them, but I will try to tell you some tidbits of our trip that the pictures can't tell you! Keep checking back. It's not normal unless I am two weeks behind - right?!

No comments: