Friday, October 10, 2008

Thank Goodness it is FRIDAY!

Here is Hadley last Sunday while we were talking to Grammy and Pop on the web cam. She decided to sit in the ball crate.

We went to the school picnic on Sunday evening, but were a little disappointed because neither of their teachers were there and only one other classmate. But, we still ate some KFC and had a fun time playing at the park.


On Monday our play date was cancelled, so we needed something to do! I had picked up this kit to make pumpkins at Wal-Mart, so we decided to try it out. Here is Sean and his pumpkin.

Here are both pumpkins. Hadley's is on the right. Mommy did most of it and it only took about 10 minutes, but we all had fun.

Monday night I went to a meeting for our newly formed Homeowners Association Committees. We now have four committees and I am the chair for the Communications one. Just what I need - another hat to wear, but I am very excited about it and have already been working on the website. That might be why I haven't updated this one this week before now.

This was Wednesday. They looked so cute just sitting there still in their jammies in the morning sun. Most days the like each other and get along great, but some days Hadley LOVES to antagonize her brother (which in turn gets to her mother) and gets her put in time out (like Thursday afternoon).

School was good this week. Sean was the one to fuss on Tuesday, but on Thursday neither one made a peep or clung to me and I was able to sneak out with no problems.

Then we got to today! Sean has been waking up b/w 5:45 and 6:45 am lately. That's too early for his Mom and sister. Last night we went to watch Daddy's softball team and stayed up late hoping to get him to sleep later this morning - well, it did not work!!

He was up and out of bed by 6:10 am. He laid with me for 10-15 minutes, but then he wanted to be downstairs with Daddy. I laid back down and think I made it back to sleep until I heard Hadley around 6:45 am. She and I came down and while I was trying to get her to give her Daddy a kiss - Sean was playing in his new favorite spot.
I think I have mentioned that he LOVES cars (almost as much as his cousin Sam), but he only has six of them. His new thing lately is to line them up (well anywhere), but on the TV stand while he sits on the little speaker next to it. This morning he decided to STAND on the speaker and fell between the TV and the window hitting his left eye on the stand when he fell.

Sorry this is getting so long......so, we both moved to get to him neither realizing he was bleeding. I picked him up, but could tell by his cry something was up. We both then noticed the blood gushing from or around his eye, so Pat ran for paper towels while I tried to figure out the best way to hold him and move to the kitchen to avoid getting blood all over the carpet (successfully).
He allowed me to apply pressure while he closed his eyes and it stopped bleeding with in 5-10 minutes. I asked Pat to call United Healthcare's Ask a Nurse line to find out if we should take him to the ER or what we should do.

She told us since it had stopped bleeding and did not seem to be an open wound we could wait and call his doctor office after they opened. By that point he was in the pantry begging for breakfast - seemed to me that he was "okay".

I, however, was not feeling okay. I am not sure what happened, but I was all sweaty and thought I was going to pass out. Then I thought I might throw up. I was calm and blood does not bother me (thank goodness since I have a BOY), but I guess seeing my baby's eye gushing blood was more than I wanted just out of bed! After a shower I was a fine.

So, here are some pictures of his eye after it stopped bleeding and while having cheerios on the floor in his Daddy's lap in his bloody jammies. Throughout it all - Hadley was an angel. She did not cry, get in the way or anything. She just stayed close, but out of the way. We both thanked her - she did get in the middle once the food came out. She is like her mother and she can always eat.

We got in to the doctor at 9:30 am and they "glued" his eye. He sat still, did not make a peep or protest or cry or move when the pretty blonde nurse cleaned up his eye, but when the pretty doctor came in to touch it he did object and needed to be held down. Thank goodness Daddy joined us. They also got their flu shots today as we were scheduled to get them tomorrow.

We then went to tumbling class at the Rec Center (our second week) and then to McDonald's for some lunch. Here he is with his glue, french fry and ketchup on his face. He is going to be a condiment King like his Mommy and Grandma Kristen are condiment Queens!
Here is Hadley with her ketchup. They both plowed thru their nuggets and fries and wanted more food. Sean even asked for a cookie and of course he got one.
I asked Hadley to smile and this is what I got!

We all got our hair cut on Wednesday - you might be able to tell if you look at the top 3-4 pictures and then the bottom ones.

I will post the black eye once it develops.
Not our first bloody episode (bit his tongue not long ago) or scar (has one on his hand from IV's while in the NICU), but this will be his first black eye! Stitches and ER visits still to come yet!

No comments: