Saturday, October 4, 2008

Building our own little "shed"

Seems that the little ones found something to do with the "extra" pieces of wood in the garage from the shed building project. I was sitting in a chair in the driving reading a little of a book and I turned around to find Sean moving all the pieces to the edge of the garage to stack them.

As you can see - his sister did end up joining him (no surprise). At first I thought - Oh, don't move all those (cause I have to move them back) and then I realized what a fun project it could be for us.

So, I had to go inside and get the camera to snap some shots for you. Here you see that Hadley not only got in on some of her brother's fun, but she found a way to snag Mommy's book too!


Not sure if I have posted this, but Sean has had runny diapers and a bad rash for almost a week - ended on Thursday and Hadley started on Thursday. So, her shorts are the 'extras' from her back pack at school today.



He sure is concentrating hard - I could not get him to look up. But, he has his tongue out (gets that from two of his uncles - one on each side of the family). Stacking wood is serious business.





When Hadley wasn't "helping" her brother she was reading up on Potty Training. We have not officially started yet and still not sure if we are ready. We have purchased a few items to get ready - a potty chair, a potty seat for the big toilet, a travel/fold up potty seat, pull-ups and some big kid undies. Oh - and most importantly a book for Mommy to read up on Potty/Toilet Training. Hadley has lots of signs of being ready, but I am not sure if the rest of us are ready yet. Might need to wait until after the holidays maybe even after their 2nd birthday, but meanwhile we are talking about it and getting used to it and what it means. I will keep you posted on a "start date"!

And here is Sean watching the School bus drop off the neighborhood kids. Dreaming about when he is a big boy and gets to ride a bus! I didn't get the bus in the shot, but it's a pretty good shot of his structure. No help from Mom at all....not too bad, huh? Guess he could have helped Daddy out after all!

They are doing well at school. The teachers told me Thursday that Hadley is doing so much better. Thursday, I went to a Room Parent Meeting and while we were still in it - we saw their class walking to Music class. Several of them were crying, but especially Sean - which is not like our Mr. Happy Go Lucky - so, I asked at pick up about it. She said it's just something many of them due during a transition and once they are in class they are fine. They told me two weeks ago that Hadley is going to have them all calling Sean - "Bubba" - so, I am trying to make an effort to call him Sean more!!

No comments: