Wednesday, July 14, 2010

2nd Round of Water Damage at the House

Can you believe that we got hit by the nail in the pex water pipe again? It happened about 6 feet further along the wall then the last time. This time though Erynn was home when it started and was able to get the water turned off before there was any standing water on the first floor. I am going to spend time taking down the dry - scratch that Wetwall and have someone come and tape and bed it for us. I am planning on taking a little more then I need to since I believe there are other pipes further along the wall that might be in danger of having the same exact problem. I am going to also cut some holes in the garage where the pipes come into the house and see if there are any other issues lurking. I don't want to worry about this issue happening again anymore. What are the odds that a carpenter would hit one pipe let alone two when installing crown molding???? The middle picture shows the rust residue from the nail that has been in the pipe for over 4 years and just gave way!!!!





























3 comments:

Water Damage Services CA said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Heating Services said...

interesting post. i like it

Air Conditioning said...

Air Time Climate Control is Columbia SC premier Heating and Cooling Company, From Heating, Cooling, Repairs, Furnace, AC, Air Conditioning, Maintenance, 24 Emergency Service and More Air time Climate services the entire Columbia SC Area