Tuesday, September 8, 2009

First Day of "school"

So, last Tuesday - Sept. 1st was the first day of Sean & Hadley's school year. This year we moved from St. Francis in Frisco to a Lakeway Baptist Bible Bears here in The Colony.

I only have to drive about 10 mins instead of 25 or more one way.


Here they are on the first day getting ready to leave with their new backpacks.

Sean did not wear his hat into school - just in the van.

They helped pick their back packs out of the L.L. Bean catalog.



Lining up on the white parking spot lines waiting for Mom to say they could move. We do this every where we go.

These back packs are a little smaller and/or there is less in them or maybe the kids are bigger, because it does not seem like they are going to fall over!



There are six kids in their class. Three boys and three girls. Their teachers name is Ms. Jennifer. She is pregnant with her third child, so will be out a few weeks in January.










Sean had a great first day - he went right in and started playing with cars (wow - big surprise they are a big hit) and this other little boy (still learning names) and he didn't know or care if I was there or anything else was going on.




Hadley was a little more clingy and said she wanted to go home with me. But, I showed her around and we talked and then I said do you want to do play doh?

Once she sat down Jennifer came to play with her and all was okay for me to sneak out.


However, I forgot their nap mats and had to come home and get them. When I went back they were playing outside (not in this picture though), so I had to sneak in and out.

I was not seen and was able to get their mats in their rooms in their slots before they needed them.



Once again they go Tuesday and Thursday from 9 am to 2 pm.

When I walked in their room at 2 pm they did not see me for a few minutes, but were happy to see me when they realized I was there.

I picked them up and we headed out the doors.



Here is Hadley day dreaming outside coming down the steps.

She cried off and on for Mommy and was a little sad, but they said they would distract her and then she would be fine.

Both took a decent nap, but were definitely tired that night.


Another day dreamer.......

We are going to bed earlier now and sleeping later again too.

Both had a great second day and were fine when I dropped them off this morning!

Yeah for Kids Day Out!

1 comment:

Dunhams said...

So glad they like their new school! All the pictures are so cute!