Friday, December 12, 2008

Dad, you will appreciate this Post


Well I put up a bunch of lights on the house and in the yard this year and I have to say it looks pretty good. Not Griswold by any stretch of the imagination. Anyway, on Tuesday of this week I came home to find that two strings of lights were out. I did some investigation and found that it appeared that a varmint decided to chew through two strings. Well I pulled out the electrical tape, wire strippers and with in 20 minutes had both strings of lights back up and working.

Well it happened again in one location that was almost the same place as early this week. So this evening I came home and got my little helper Sean and gathered the wire strippers, electrical tape and a flash light (The flash light was used to get the tools out of the shed in the back yard and to give Sean something to do to "Help" daddy).

OK dad - get ready for this...... So I am kneeling down next to the string of lights working with the strippers when my "Helper" decided that he is going to shine the light in Daddy's eyes. Now for those of you that don't know I have been "Falsely" accused on probably more then one occasion of shining the light in my father's eyes while "helping" him with some project around the house. Needless to say what should have taken about 10 minutes to fix ended up taking 20 minutes because I had to spend the extra 10 minutes waiting for the stars in my eyes to go away enough to continue working.

Dad - If I ever shined a light in your eye's while "Helping" you I apologize profusely and hope that you can somehow see fit to forgive me.

Pat

No comments: