Saturday, October 25, 2008

Hadley's Big Girl Bed

Not sure why all of the sudden Blogger is loading pictures backwards (or maybe the way it should be, but I finally got used to how they do it and they switched it?) Anyway, I think I put these back in the order I wanted.

About six weeks ago the baby store came out to replace Hadley's crib, because about six months ago we discovered a crack in her head board - long long story short she got a whole new bed that day.


While the nice gentleman was here working on it - I asked if he could make it a toddler bed instead of a crib and since it was "your lucky day" he did and here is what we see a lot - Hadley climbing back in bed.

Overall, she has done wonderfully in it. We do have to stay upstairs and watch TV most nights and nap times waiting her out to see how many times she will get up and have us tell her to go lay down before she finally goes to sleep.

She has never fallen out, however tonight she banged against it a few times we are wondering if we need to check the headboard for another crack!?!?!

Most mornings she walks straight to the top of the stairs even if we are still in bed like this morning. A few times she has ventured into her brother's room, but not too many.
Sean likes her bed and goes in and lays on it and plays in it. He kind of asked is his own way when he was going to get one for the first couple days after he saw it. But, until he can break the habit of waking up at 5:45 am - his is not getting converted!!!

Here he is saying "Daddy - you are soo funny!!"

Sean and Hadley are very lucky to have such a wonderful Daddy. He comes in from work and dives right in at helping out, playing, cleaning up - whatever needs to be done without asking.
On the weekends he is ready to do whatever we want to do! He is a keeper!



I have been trying for about two weeks to get a good shot of the two of them. Even though they are not looking at me - this one is pretty sweet.
I am glad the one from the Arboretum turned out very good also.

Check back for pumpkin carving pictures from tonight soon. The guys are playing poker, but I am going to go read and go to bed tonight.

No comments: