Saturday, September 27, 2008

What a day to end ...... what a week!

We went outside to play this afternoon like we do almost every day between 4 and 6 pm and while Mommy was pulling some weeds - Hadley as she says No No pulls open an irrigation cover. I as I have said many times say "If you know it's No No why do you do it?" Then decided before a foot, hand, arm or leg got caught in the hole I better go check it out.

By the time I got there she had several ants crawling off the cover onto her arm and shirt. I worked to knock them all off and striped her of her shirt. As they crawled on me we made our way inside the house where Daddy was watching Notre Dame football to wash off.

Here she is showing you her 9-10 bites on her arm and at least one on her leg.
I put Anti-itch cream on them all and by after dinner you could not even see them. She never let out a peep or even cried.

When my niece Carly was three she got in a fire ant mound at my apartment and every time she came to my place after that she walked around where it had been to be sure she did NOT get bit again!

Sean meanwhile was constipated, needy, clingy and very fussy. So, it made for a long afternoon. I have been meaning to blog about our new wall art. I went to Party City and bought these Scene Setters to protect our wall from crayons, etc. behind the picnic table. I had to cut it down to fit our half wall, but figured it was better than scrubbing and eventually painting the wall.



He did want to show you his car, because he really likes his cars these days (note to grandparents and cousins - that will be on his Christmas & Birthday list).

Also, notice behind him their school back packs hanging on the wall. Also, a bulletin board for the school calendar, etc. We can only pray we get to go back to school next week. I am sure our teachers are hoping so, since it's our turn to take snacks!

Oh and then Mommy burnt her arm on the oven - something I do at least 3-4 times a year and a reason I am convinced I should stay out of the kitchen!

More to blog, but for now - it's time to watch some TV with my hubby!

1 comment:

Ricky Keenen said...

best shirts in the world!!!!