Monday, September 15, 2008

Homemade Birthday Cake for Daddy

Daddy's favorite is white birthday cake and especially home made white birthday cake. So, Mommy attempted to bake her first ever cake from scratch (not that I remember ever making one from a box either).

To make sure we could get plenty of icing (nope - it wasn't home made, but next time it will be) on the sides of the cake I cut it in half and put it on two plates.

Luckily - I have two helpers to get them both iced for Daddy. Looks like maybe Sean tested the cake......?!?
Here is Sean putting icing on his cake for Daddy.












Hadley is having a great time putting icing on her cake for her Daddy (notice: Sean is now tasting the icing instead finishing his job!).










Somehow once finished with their icing job they ended up with icing on their faces?!? How did that happen?










We were going to go for a walk in our beautiful weather, but Sean was determined we had to EAT some cake NOW!

So, I found the only candles I could find in a hurry, we sang Happy Birthday to Daddy while he made a wish (that Mommy doesn't get sick - I hope) and ate some cake before going outside to play for a bit before baths and early to bed as we have school tomorrow.

Everyone is better and hoping to resume to normal life and schedules tomorrow. Maybe we will cook Daddy a nice dinner tomorrow night, since nothing sounded good to him all weekend as I begged for ideas as to what to make him.

My dad is right - Baking is a dying art. But, it wasn't all that difficult to make as long as you have a recipe to follow and someone to answer your questions! (Thanks to Rose and Pat for helping me thru it and Candace for sharing her recipe).

3 comments:

Jennifer Mullinax said...

Happy Birthday Uncle Pat!! We hope you had a great day. We were hoping to extend your birthday wishes...so we sent your card late!! :) Love, JJGISS

Anonymous said...

The cake looked delicious and with so much help and love from Sean and Hadley and Mommy, it had to be the best cake you ever had, Pat!!!

We love you all.

Dad and Mom

mamatwoboys said...

What a loving wife you are. I make plenty of cakes from the box but never from scratch.

Your children are absolutely precious. I didn't get to meet them last week since they were at "school." They look like they keep you plenty busy.

See you on Thursday!