Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Our trip to KC

I took the camera, but I did a terrible job at taking it off the dryer and back out the door with us when we went places. So, needless to say I did not take any pictures Monday - Friday. On Friday evening when I wanted to snap some of the jello shots being made I discovered I had left my card in my printer at home! I went to my cell phone to call Pat to bring it with him the next day and he had just left me a message saying that he had just found the card at home and wondered how I had taken any pics all week?!

So, here is a quick run down of what we did and where we went. Check out Jen's 366 site for a few pictures.
Sunday - stopped in Parsons on the way up. We had dinner at Sarg & LaDonna's house and my Dad and Ona came over to see us. We then went to the funeral home for the visitation for a family friend. We saw lots and lots of people I had not seen in some time. Sean was interested in the casket and all things in and around it. Aunt Margie took him up and let him check things out.

Monday - met Jennifer and kids (triplets and Sophia) at Monkey Bizness for a playdate. My kids were tired and not quite them selves, so we didn't stay long or have as much fun as we could/should have. After school Ryan, Blake and Julia came by, so they walked with us to Regan's new house (it's that close to Mom's) to see the new digs and Carly & Beth.


Tuesday - we went to Beth's school and had lunch with her. Sean was too distracted to eat much, but he wanted to get down and be a big kid! After school we took Beth and Carly to the park and to order Papa Dave's birthday cake. Since Tuesday was the 15th - TAX DAY - we went out to eat with Grandma Kristen. She was very glad that tax season is OVER! Julia went with us as it was her time to hang out with us by herself.

Wednesday - Grandma took the day off. We had lunch with Aunt Regan and Aunt Margie. The babies showed them all how much they love Mexican food. Then we went to see Papa Dave at work. It was his birthday and he wanted to show off Sean & Hadley (and maybe Gentry and I too). BTW - when I say we I mean me, Sean, Hadley and Gentry. Then we picked up Carly from Hebrew School and she went to eat at Tanner's with us. It's her favorite place to eat and I had not been there in a long time! Grandma and Papa joined us since it was Papa's birthday.

Thursday - We went to Julia's kindergarten program - How does your garden grow? I dressed Sean & Hadley in the clothes they got for their birthday from Blake & Julia and it turned out they matched the program/class! All had on green, but the girls were flowers and the boys were weeds in the garden. We had a picnic on the gym floor - Mr. Goodcents sandwiches (from Kelly's new employer). They were very good. We then got to visit Julia and Blake's classrooms. Afterward Gentry and I stopped at some garage sales in Mom's neighborhood and I picked up some cool toys for the kids. It began to rain, so we went home. Then it was Blake's turn to hang out with us. So, in the pouring down rain we went KU Championship Gear shopping. After a couple stops we took the babies back to Grandma and Papa to watch and feed them dinner. But, when all was said and done we all got new shirts, balls, socks, etc. etc.

Friday - Grandma also took today off. We (first time w/o Gentry) went over to Jennifer & Jared's for a play date with Grace, Sam, Isabelle and Sophia. We had a great time, ate some lunch and when it was nap time we headed back to Grandma's. While my kids were sleeping I picked up Blake & Julia at school, then Carly & Beth at home and brought them all back to Mom's. We ordered pizza, played, made jello shots and made plans for the next day.

Saturday - Carly had a softball tournament, so two games at 8:30 and 11 am. Only Papa Dave made it to the first one, which was the one she pitched - so, we missed that. The babies and I headed to the airport to pick up Daddy. After the 11am game we went back to Mom's for lunch and naps. During naps the guys went to pick up drinks, while the girls went to pick up the cake, ice cream, etc and then all of us over to Regan and Mark's to help clean up, set up and get things ready. Check the last post for more on the party once I can upload the pictures.

Sunday - we drove home. Left at 10 am, stopped around Wichita for lunch and home at 6pm. Unloaded, took baths, ate and went straight to bed! Had a wonderful trip, but very glad to be home in our own beds!

Now we are back to warm weather - had to turn the air on today, play dates, walks, etc. Not sure when or where our next trip will be. Guess it's time to look at the calendar and make some plans.

No comments: