Well, I am so far behind already. Can't believe it's the 11th of the month. Where do my days go? I will try to catch you up and give you an idea.
I told you that Carly my 10 year old niece (11 in four days) came home with us. So, with her here we took down and put away (well, put in the garage) the Christmas tree and decorations on New Year's Day. Dad and Ona stopped and spent the night with us on their way down to Port Aransas, TX for the month of January. It was also Ona's birthday. Pat made his traditional Pork, Potato Dumplings and Sauerkraut for dinner.
The kids love all their new toys and wonderful books they got for Christmas (thank you's are still coming). They are really enjoying the cool hand me down toys the triplets sent home with us. The big one is set up right behind where I am sitting now as they have to be in the same room with you - ALWAYS!
Wed, the 2nd: We left the house before 11 am and did not get home until after 6:30 pm. With Carly I was able to run all kinds of errands, spend some at the mall, go to the gym and the grocery store. Pat was out of town for inventory at one of the plants, so we were lazy and got Sonic for dinner. The babies tried chocolate milk (came with their grilled cheese kids meal) and the LOVED it!
Thurs., the 3rd: Carly had to get home for ball practice, games, etc. It was her first solo flight, but she has flown with her family many times. She did not appear to be nervous or scared and got right on the plane for her quick one hour flight home! We watched the Orange Bowl that evening with our fellow KU neighbor fans - Mike, Sally and Shawn. ROCK CHALK JAYHAWK!
Over the weekend we did some couch shopping. With the babies in their own rooms Pat moved the home gym into their old room (our 4th bedroom) and we are making the "game room" an additional living / play area. It needs a couch.
This week - where did it go?! Monday and Tuesday we were on the run all day between gym, story time at Pottery Barn for Kids, errands, picking up Steph at the airport, a furniture store or two and a birthday party to plan! Wednesday we did nothing, but Gym at 3:30 pm and it was great to not have any thing to do! Thursday we tried a Mother Goose Story time at a library with our neighbor friends - Shawn & Sally and one of the twins Ben & Karen (Kate stayed home since Grandpa is in town). Very nice library, but the setting might be too calm for my wild on the go monkeys (I'll save the word monsters for later) ;)
Today we were invited to our first friend birthday party. Chloe who goes to the gym with us invited us to celebrate her first big day at the gym this afternoon. So, we had class this morning and play time this afternoon. However, we almost missed class this morning...........
Sean has started throwing fits/tantrums in the last few days. Not sure why? Because he can? For attention? Because he is tired? Something hurts? I wish I knew! Some are longer than others and most are being ignored (if only Hadley would go along with that). So, in his high chair this morning during breakfast he decided to kick his feet, which punched out the piece between his legs and put it on the floor after hitting in my lap knocking the oatmeal bowl all over ME! I was not very happy as I was already showered and dressed for the day. I fed Hadley in my undies while Sean proceeded to throw his fit on the living room floor. We have since made up and had a much better day. Hadley then woke up on the wrong side of the crib this afternoon!
What else have they been up to?! I thought Sean was going to have a little Stranger Anxiety, but he has proven many times recently that he can entertain and play with whomever he wants - just watch him! He is standing very very well. In the last two days he has taken one step several times, but as soon as he realizes what he is doing he goes down. Today he took two steps at gym from Mr. Pat (the owner/instructor) to me.
The both have front teeth coming in. Sean has both and Hadley has her left one coming in. Looks like they need toothbrushes for their birthday!
Both are getting so big. Everyday there is something new they can reach or find. Hadley loves to pull the kitchen dishtowels off the rack on the island in the kitchen. Today Sean tried to pull a bottle of wine out of the wine rack and a glass from up top came down (did not break thank goodness).
Yesterday, Sean fell asleep for his morning nap drinking his bottle. I put him down and came back down to dress and change Hadley. Moments later while in middle of cleaning up Hadley's morning routine he awoke. I had to wait till I was finished and during his screaming/crying for me to come get him - he fell out of his crib. I heard a THUD and ran upstairs as fast as I could and found him crawling down the hall to find me. His cry did not change, so he is/was fine. I truly to not think he meant to do it. I think he was reaching for something or throwing himself around and oops there he went! But, we will never know. Daddy dropped the crib as far down as it will go last night after we went to dinner with my brother, Uncle Ryan who was in town.
So, then they played in our bedroom and bathroom like they do many days while I took a shower and got ready. I got out of the shower to find them playing with and eating toilet paper. No wonder Hadley's tummy hurt last night!?
We are working on using sippy cups more. They don't hold them well yet, but are getting better every day. I have started giving them a little whole milk with their meals and they like it. They are still getting their three bottles of formula daily as well. After the one year check up I believe the doctor will let us go to only whole milk.
I am sure there is more, but this is long enough and I have not even added a single picture yet. Plus it's time for bed. Check back tomorrow for the pictures of the new year!
God only gives what we can handle - right? and/or he gives us others who can help us.
Count your blessings every day! I know I do!
No comments:
Post a Comment