Last week I got out some sippy cups, put water in them and gave them to Sean and Hadley to see if they knew what to do with them and they DID! Check them out! Both grabbed on and went straight to the mouth (but what doesn't? - lol). They were able to get some water out of them and these are hard ones - cause I tried it too to make sure they worked!We have been eating the Gerber puffs (small bite sized finger foods that melt in their mouth) for several weeks now. Took a few days to realize they could reach for them with their fingers. Then a few more to actually hit their mouth (there are still plenty in the seat, in his hands, on the floor, you name it). Sean gets them the most because they keep him entertained while I feed Hadley (she can entertain herself - he on the other hand?). He generally eats first, so he can have some time to digest his food before moving on to milk/formula. He eats everything so fast and then is our spitter (reason our carpet is looking so bad). He is doing better because I make him slow down some. He gets so mad the neighbors might call the police over the outburst.

Both are still excellent eaters. Hadley didn't care so much for the Vanilla Custard recently (thank goodness I fed her first that day, so it went to her brother instead of to waste). As for meats, both did well with chicken this week. We tried Turkey a few weeks ago and Hadley did okay and Sean loved it. Ham didn't get a great response from either, but we will be trying it again soon as it's mommy's favorite! Today we are trying some beef!

Our photo assistant still isn't cooperating, so hopefully after Pat gets home he can figure out why. He gets home later tonight. I already had these ready to post last week and never got to them.Hadley rolled over and slept on her tummy for the first time last night. When I laid her down I remember thinking that for all the rolling she does during the day she had been been rolling in her bed or during sleep. She must have read my mind.
Sean automatically gets up on all fours when he wakes up and many times when he is half asleep looking for his pacifier. So, you can't walk by their room without him seeing you as he is peering over the edge of the crib now. He has not shown any signs of pulling up anywhere yet, but any day now he will and we will need to drop the crib. May do this weekend just in case. They are growing so fast. I did move them into 6-9 month clothes just last week. Well, time for lunch now. Will post more as soon as I can get the pictures up.
1 comment:
They look so cute with their sippy cups, glad they are good eaters. We Keenen's always did eat fast, maybe that is where Sean gets it!!!
Love,
Grammy and Pop
Post a Comment