Friday, February 26, 2010

First Visit to the Dentist!!

Now that we are three it was time to go see the dentist. We did not talk about it too much before we went on a Monday morning.

But, when we pulled up and they saw it had a play land inside Hadley said "I am going to ask the Dentist if we can play on it!"

They both got to pick out a movie and Hadley went first. Here she is in the hygienist chair getting her teeth cleaned.

She was a CHAMP!
Then it was time for x-rays and she followed a nurse to another room/chair, climbed right up and did what they asked. I was able to sneak over and take this picture with out interrupting too much.

Then is was the boy's turn. And well what can I say? A few minutes into his exam the hygienist said I wish all my 3 year olds were as good as you two and she spoke TOO SOON!

He barely got his teeth cleaned, did NOT allow any x-rays to be taken and it took the Doctor, a nurse and me holding him down for the exam.

They said they got what they wanted/needed and he could still have a prize, but mean Mommy said No, he did not do what he was asked.

Luckily his sweet sister who again followed whomever where ever to dig in the prize drawer got him a sticker or he would have left only with his toothbrush, toothpaste and floss.

It should get better every time - I know. We will see when we go again in six months. Good news is they said Mommy & Daddy were doing a good job brushing.

Now we are working on spitting (not swallowing) and flossing. I didn't think I ever had a desire to be a hygienist and now I am sure I don't want to after having my hands in my kids mouth every night trying to floss! UGH!

No comments: