Today was the first day of KDO (Kids Day Out) or school as we have been calling it. We got up and got dressed all the way down to our shoes, diapers changed, hair brushed and then came down stairs for breakfast.Sean is saying NaNa look at Ma Ma. This is when arrived at church/school before we got out to go inside.

We picked Daddy up at work on our way, so he could be with us on the "first" day and help carry everything in.
Here he is walking Hadley in with the nap mats, wipes and Sean's Diego back pack. Sean was walking with me.
Once inside we were a few minutes early, so we signed in and put on our back packs for the first time in the front desk area. They are a little big and almost tumbled them both over.See I got my back pack on?
Can we get to class now?

Hadley was busy checking everyone and everything else out.


Once in their classroom they started to play with the toys like everyone else. Here is Hadley still checking things out and taking it all in.
Sean looks like he is day dreaming or wishing he could go home, but he is really checking out the Playground and thinking he can't wait to go out and try it out! But, it rained today - so, he did not get to.
While two others are crying because their parents left (and I think there were only six in class today) Sean asked to sit in this chair.I put him in it next to his sister and snapped the last picture before heading out the door ourselves. Another little boy did not realize his parents had even left - his Mommy was crying more than he was.
I just picked them up and it seems they had a great day. Not that there was any doubt that they would. The teachers said they were good all day except Hadley has just woken up when I got there and she was screaming and all worked up.
Sean was the only one still laying on his nap map with his blanket and his bear when I arrived. He was awake and looking around - I bent down to say hello to him before I rescued his sister (or I should say the teacher) and he smiled real big!
I thought they would fall asleep on the
way home, but they did not and are playing very nicely right now. Not sure how long, but they both did sleep and eat at school. Looks like we will be going back again on Thursday! YEAH!Oh and Mommy got her errands run today with out having to lug around some extra weight or having to ask one to stop kicking the other in the cart, etc......
Even had lunch with Daddy at home and got some laundry started. It's raining cats and dogs, so guess we are staying in the rest of the day.
1 comment:
YAY...so glad to hear everyone had a great day...I was thinking about you!! We survived our 1st day of school as well...I just wish we could go back on Thursday!! :)
Love to you all, Jen
Post a Comment