Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Oh Where Oh Where is My Wife and Little Ones

Before I forget I heard my daughter took 9 steps today!!!!!!!!! OK back to the post.

Hello from and empty home in Texas. Erynn and kids drove to KC on Sunday to spend the week with family as I was suppose to be in NY all week. The middle of last week my trip got canceled as we have to finish up the year end audit for 2007. So needless to say I have come home each night from work looking around the corner in the kitchen looking for my family at the diner table but to no avail. I have been busy this week. Since the kids weren't home I thought it would be a good time to get some honey do's completed. Actually these aren't honey do's but Pat do's.

What I have a done so far this week:
  1. Sunday after they left I sanded down our outside metal clock, primed it and painted it.
  2. I also sharpened the mower blade and mowed the lawn.
  3. Monday at lunch I went to Lowe's and picked up overhead garage storage units
  4. Monday after work I went to Home Depot and rented a carpet cleaner and cleaned the living room floor. It was a mess from the kids spitting up.
  5. Tuesday after work I came home and hung one of the storage units. The other one is on the list for tomorrow night.
  6. Tonight I secured the kids dressers, bakers rack in the kitchen and the bookshelf in the living room to the walls so that they don't topple over if the kids decide to start climbing.
I still have bathrooms to clean, a yard to fertilize, go to the bank, deliver some birthday gifts around the corner, stop by the bank and check the Monte Carlo Night mail box (for those of you that don't know Erynn and sort of me are the Treasurers for this event at our church). The reason I say sort of me is because I won't have the ability to sign any checks like Erynn but I will be the bookkeeper and report generator.

Oh and the other thing that I plan to do this weekend is get a round of golf in if the weather permits.

So, even though the house is empty, I am getting a lot done and keeping myself busy. Sunday late afternoon can't arrive any quicker.

No comments: