Friday, March 21, 2008

RCIA - Catholic Church Acceptance update

Just as suspected, but not clearly understood I can not and will not be officially brought into the church until after my annulment has been approved. Unfortunately, they kept saying you can participate in everything (up to the Easter vigil). I guess I never heard the last five words. So, when I arrived for Vigil practice last Sunday Nancy said you know you don't have to be here?!

I am disappointed, but Pat and I are still going to attend tomorrow night as I am happy for the rest of my class and want to see them complete their journey.

Also, I am very happy for and proud of my brother, Ryan and cousin, Jared. They will complete their journey tomorrow night and will have accomplish a personal goal. To those of you who may not understand or realize - this is about having and believing in faith in our lives and to help raise our children in faith as much or more than it is about becoming catholic or joining a catholic church. The three of us and our siblings were raised in church and faith by our grandparents and great Aunt....they should be very happy that we are going to church as that is truly all they ever wanted for us.

Hope you all have a wonderful Easter. Remember to count you blessings!

1 comment:

Jennifer Mullinax said...

You said it just perfectly!! I so wish you could have completed your journey. But maybe Easter should be in Dallas next year and we can all be there with you as you do finish!! :) Love you, Jen