Monday, December 3, 2007

The week after Thanksgiving or last week.....

It was kind of a long week, but not too bad. At one time or another each of us did not feel 100%. Sunday night I went to bed at 10:45 pm and Hadley woke me at 11 pm coughing. I went to check on her and could tell she had a fever. So, we came downstairs and took some Tylenol. We tried laying/sleeping in the extra bedroom for a while, but it just didn't work well. So, we were in the recliner until 4 am. Her fever broke between 2 and 3, because I woke up enough to notice. But, went back asleep enough to not go back to bed till 4 am.

Then of course Mr. Sean began in at 4:30 am. Daddy got up with him, so I could try to get a little sleep.

This picture was taken Tuesday morning. She looks so tired, but so adorable. I had to snap it. She reminds me a little of Jared & Jen's Isabelle for some reason. She is eating waffles, cheerios and puffs.
So, since I took one of Hadley - I had to get one of Sean with a cheerio stuck on this cheek. He shoves in as many as he can as fast as he can. He is going to take after the fast eaters in the family (and we have them on both sides).

Sean somehow was able to fall and hit his head several times in a few days. Mainly on his forehead. So, he has these nice big beautiful goose eggs. As soon as one goes down - he falls again. He got one from starting up the stairs and coming back down. There is now a gate at the bottom of the stairs as well. He can NOT stand to be "trapped" in the family room. He still sits/stands at the gate and whines - does not matter if the entire house is inside the gate with him - he knows there is something to explore outside and he must get out and find it.

We don't get out of our jammies many days. If we have no where to go and especially when we are sick and it's cold out - there is just no need. If it's bath day - we just take a bath and put on a clean pair of jammies.

See how Hadley like the lights on the tree! Yes, she does and loves to ignore you when you tell her to stop or not to touch.
Mommy see how I "love" my sister?! As he whacks her on the head over and over. He does show her affection more and more - usually rougher than we would like, but she doesn't seem to mind (yet). I am sure she will let him have it when he deserves it.


Who is that big girl pulling up to peek at us over the table?! Hadley is trying and trying to pull up, but she just hasn't mastered getting her legs up under her. She is on her knees A LOT now.



Wednesday was a BIG Day for her. In the morning she was pulled up (on her feet) to the recliner while I was holding Sean. She lost her balance and fell back. It scared her and she cried and cried.

I snapped this picture of them standing next to each other as it is our first one/their first time and as I turned to set down the camera she fell......hit her mouth on the coffee table and landed under the Christmas Tree. Our first bloody incident and she did not cry near as hard as she did earlier when she fell from the chair. She left blood on my shirt, but allowed me to put my finger inside and check everything out within a couple minutes.

After Daddy got home she decided to crawl like a big kid on hands and knees (yes, still all on Wednesday). She still army crawls more often, but from time to time does decide to crawl like a big girl. And then minutes later decided to go from laying on her tummy or crawling to sitting up for the first time. So, many milestones in one day.

We continued the cough and runny noses all week. Sean pulls at his ear when he is tired and he continues to fall on his head. So, better to be safe the sorry - we went to the doctor on Friday morning. Yes, the just have colds (as we knew) and no ear infections (yea!). Hadley had to have some ear wax cleaned out of her right ear, but otherwise was perfectly fine. They said to keep an eye on Sean, but that he appeared fine. He has soft tissue build up on his forehead and depending on how much blood is under it - there is a chance it may never go down completely. WOW - so, our son may have a deformed head the rest of his life and there is NOTHING you can do about it. Oh, well. It did look better this morning, but of course he fell again today - so, we will see what tomorrow brings. I'm telling you he is a wild exploring monkey!

I was up with Hadley again on Friday night. Again - 15-30 minutes after I fell asleep she awoke me with her coughing. I went in three times in about 30 minutes, so finally we came down stairs and took some more Benadryl (posted on the blog) and went back to bed at 1 am.

Hadley is now over 15 pounds and Sean is over 16 pounds. I already blogged about our Saturday visiting with Saints and Santa's, so hopefully now I am almost caught up! I know of two more things I want to tell, but that will have to wait as this is long enough and it is BEDTIME!

No comments: