Thursday, November 15, 2007

Packing for PA

It may be 85 degrees here, but they are ready for PA next week! Mommy bought them some hats and gloves for their trip to Grammy and Pop's in PA for Thanksgiving next week.
I am trying to / hoping to get a little packing done today. We have a very busy weekend and I have some things to do tomorrow and Monday - we leave on Tuesday morning, so running out of time!

I just called the Retina Foundation and made an appointment for Hadley on Dec. 3rd. Apparently she will wear some goggles and watch cartoons while the goggles record her eye movements. Supposed to be only about an hour. Should be interesting! I will try to leave brother at home again.

Today for lunch they had mashed potatoes, peas and Salisbury steak (left over from Mommy & Daddy's dinner last night). This was their first full meal of only big people food. They are such wonderful eaters - I sure hope it stays this way. After Thanksgiving we are going to work on drinking some formula out of sippy cups more and more, so that we are hopefully weaned off the bottle by their first birthday. At that time they will start drinking whole milk in place of formula. It is just always something! Let's see if I can remember a few new things from this week.....

Sean has started squealing - for attention, when he is mad, tired, hungry - whatever. And can throw in a little tantrum at times as well. Of course this is just in time for our first airplane ride next week. Yes - they will be sitting in our laps! Ought to be quite interesting. Hope we all survive and arrive there and back safe and sound. LOL
I found Sean with a dead bug in his mouth yesterday - you just can't clean up fast enough around here!

Hadley has started pulling up a little. She did it Tuesday night a couple times. They told us she would go back to sleep - not her. Not until bedtime at 8pm. My brother, Ryan was in town on business and came over for dinner. I guess she felt she needed to entertain her god father. She has learned the gagging sound and got Ryan and I both with it that night. We were eating Thai food and feeding them the plain white rice when she started it.

I am sure there is more - each night I have to remember what they did today to tell Daddy. Right now both are sleeping (YEAH) - which never happens for very long. I think Hadley is catching up from her big day Tuesday, because she sleep long for her yesterday as well.

I will try to post one more time before we head north.

No comments: