Monday, August 20, 2007

Last week I mainly told you about our vacation and trip details. Not so much about the babies themselves and as Pat says this is the Sean and Hadley website/update! Which reminds me to mention that he is the one who thought we needed a website and started this, but look who has been roped into keeping it up?!?! However, he is the one who posted yesterday (and yes, he was pretending to throw used/wet diapers at his son) with the video. He is the true IT computer techno guru in the family and I am sure at least one of the kids will take after him!
Here they are in their shirts from vacation. Hadley's says "I rode a Dolphin. Destin, FL" and Sean's says "Are you sure these are MY relatiaves? Destin, FL." Which was too perfect!

So, now onto more about our two precious little ones. They are getting bigger and bigger everyday. Regan and I both thought they grew while we were in Florida. Many times when I see Pat holding one of them I comment on how long they look. It is getting harder and harder for me to feed them at the same time in the recliner.

Hadley can hold her bottle some. We don't make her, but she can help when needed. Sean has no interest as he is too busy sucking down the milk to care about holding the bottle - cause you are already doing it for him! He is a fast eater. Remember - Hadley used to be, but she can be little Ms. Pokey sometimes.
Here is Sean in his high chair (yes, with his tongue out!). He is eating most meals in it now.
They are both eating great. There hasn't been anything that they don't like and sometimes I think Sean would keep eating as long as we would shove it in. Both will tell you when it's not coming in fast enough! I will add a picture of Hadley in her chair after I feed them. The natives are getting restless.

Both are obsessed with their fingers and toes! I saw Hadley with her toes in her mouth earlier today. Her hands/fingers can entertain her for quite awhile. Speaking of fingers both could/would be thumb suckers if we let them. In Florida a pacifier was not always available and many times they had their fingers, hands, thumbs or whatever or whomevers they could get in their mouths. They seemed to easily be able to get someone else to put a finger in their mouths! Both are drooling like crazy!





I thought I was going to post that we made it an entire week in Florida with all four pacifiers and then somehow at the last stop for dinner we lost one of Sean's. But, last Friday we went out for the first time since we arrived home the Saturday before and I found it in the diaper bag. Needless to say they were dropped many times - in sand and everywhere else.



Sean has rolled over from his tummy to his back at least four times and we have missed him each time. The first time was while we were packing up to leave the condo. He still loves to cock his head back and that is how he goes over. He is occasionally sleeping on this side with his head cocked back. I still think that was how he must have been in my belly. He tosses that head back when he is mad also! Yes, even the happy little man gets upset from time to time. He began reaching for more and more and going after toys and things in the last couple weeks. He loves the jumpers. He is in the one downstairs now. Daddy had to raise it back up for him yesterday.




Hadley seems to be our little laid back one lately. She has no interest being on her tummy. She immediately rolls over. She does good in the jumpers, but not as wild as the boy! Her Papa Dave is convinced she does not like him because she does not smile and laugh at everything like her brother does. As I have said before - it's her world and we just live in it. There are several things that make her laugh - raspberries on her feet or inside her legs/thighs, her belly rubbed on Daddy's head and Mommy's hair in her face, but she just has to be in the mood. Does this mean she is moody?!!? Time will tell, but I think some of you would agree it is inevitable that she will be! We will still love her just the same! She is not very lady like as her legs are all over the place. We find them up on everything - in the car she even had one of them inside the seat belt (still in the car seat strap). They are always up in the air!! This picture is Hadley pulling the pillow on top of her on our bed in the condo.





I am sure there is more, but that is all I can remember for now. Enjoy and thanks for checking in our beautiful children. Good news - this blog has spell check, so maybe I won't spell definitely wrong EVERY time!

1 comment:

~Melissa Mullinax said...

Hey you!! Welcome to the world of blogging!! That video was the cutest thing ever...I hollered at Brad to come see it too, and we both got the best chuckle. :)

See you all soon!
~M